A Million Suns by Beth Revis

Genre: YA


My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Goodreads says: Godspeed was once fueled by lies. Now it is ruled by chaos. It’s been three months. In that time, Amy has learned to hide who she is. Elder is trying to be the leader he’s always wanted to be. But as the ship gets more and more out of control, only one thing is certain: They have to get off the ship.


I really didn't go into details with the first book because I just felt to say anything at all would be a spoiler. Now I feel that I should go into more details as to why I love this series so much.


In the first book you are introduced to this new world where a team of about 100 people or so have been frozen and placed on a ship on their way to Centauri Earth. The ship is ran by a people who have been on the ship for generations and their sole purpose is to keep the ship functioning so that when they all land on this new Earth they can start a new society. One frozen is defrosted early and her name is Amy. Elder will inherit command of the ship once Eldest, the current commander, dies. Elder is infatuated with Amy. To Elder Amy is everything new and different. She is exotic and curious. The biggest thing about book one are the secrets that seem to unravel as the book progresses.


Book two is about even more secrets and although I enjoyed the first book a bit more than the second, I still felt this book did not disappoint. Amy is a bit selfish, self involved and a lot annoying. Elder is a great character and one that most people can relate to. He is young, trying to come to his own, trying to do the right thing and more importantly trying to do the best he can, always.


This book, as I mentioned before, is all about secrets. I don't think any of the secrets revealed were predictable and the plot definitely had you wondering at all times what was going to happen next. Another wonderful aspect to the first two books is that romance is not heavy.  I really enjoyed this characteristic. It allows the reader to really focus on all the things going on on this ship without anymore complications. Don't get me wrong, you still find Elder and Amy trying to work out their feelings for one another but its not on the forefront.


Read this series! I'm so sad that I have to wait so long for the final installment!


View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Hello!
    You have a great blog!
    So I nominated you for the Liebster Award, you can find rules and questions here: http://karenschoice-books.blogspot.no/2012/07/liebster-award.html

    Have a wonderful week and I would love to see your answer on my questions, so please leave a link on my blog if you join the contest!

    ReplyDelete