Shadows by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Genre: YA

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The last thing Dawson Black expected was Bethany Williams. As a Luxen, an alien life form on Earth, human girls are…well, fun. But since the Luxen have to keep their true identities a secret, falling for one would be insane. 


Dangerous. Tempting. Undeniable. 


Bethany can’t deny the immediate connection between her and Dawson. And even though boys aren’t a complication she wants, she can’t stay away from him. Still, whenever they lock eyes, she’s drawn in. 

Captivated. Lured. Loved. 



Dawson is keeping a secret that will change her existence...and put her life in jeopardy. But even he can’t stop risking everything for one human girl. Or from a fate that is as unavoidable as love itself.



WOW! This was beautifully written. It felt 100% original, the characters felt 100% real and in the end it left me feeling all sorts of emotions.


This book takes place before Obsidian and I must say that I wish it would have been released prior to Obsidian. You learn how Dawson and Bethany meet, fall in love and then are no longer. You get to understand why Daemon has such a jacked up attitude in Obsidian. He is still a major league jerk to the extreme and I really don't like him but you understand to a certain extent why.  What was a surprise though was that he really wasn't that close to his siblings to begin with. Total weirdness.


Be prepared to go through a bunch of emotions. Empty is the only word I can think of to describe the feeling I felt upon ending the book. I was crying, jaw open and feeling utter emptiness.  I was actually hoping that just maybe Dawson and Bethany were just... missing...


This book definitely made me appreciate the series more and I think it's a must read.


View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment