Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

Genre: YA 

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Goodreads Says: Katniss Everdeen, girl on fire, has survived, even though her home has been destroyed. Gale has escaped. Katniss's family is safe. Peeta has been captured by the Capitol. District 13 really does exist. There are rebels. There are new leaders. A revolution is unfolding. 



It is by design that Katniss was rescued from the arena in the cruel and haunting Quarter Quell, and it is by design that she has long been part of the revolution without knowing it. District 13 has come out of the shadows and is plotting to overthrow the Capitol. Everyone, it seems, has had a hand in the carefully laid plains - except Katniss. 




The success of the rebellion hinges on Katniss's willingness to be a pawn, to accept responsibility for countless lives, and to change the course of the future of Panem. To do this, she must put aside her feelings of anger and distrust. She must become the rebels' Mockingjay - no matter what the personal cost.




WOW! I dove right into this book immediately after finishing Catching Fire. I just had to... I tried going to bed in the wee hours of the morning but I kept going back to reading and then sleep just lost the bloody war altogether. This was CRAZY. Once again this read was not predictable. It definitely had some what the heck moments that didn't end until the very last word.


I was emotionally spent by the end of the book. I was sad. I really couldn't find happiness at the end because Katniss was so broken. Yet I still give it 5 stars. The originality is ridiculous! The reality of it all and how it all played out is ridiculous! The fact that Suzanne Collins didn't give us rainbows and roses was ridiculous! (Obviously I mean ridiculous in a very good light.)I have to give her so many accolades for being able to stand out and for not conforming to what readers would want.


I definitely want to re-read this one and the one before this because I just need to. ;-) I say read this book and all the ones prior. It's so worth reading.


View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment