Ethereal by Addison Moore

Genre: YA Paranormal

My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Goodreads Says: Sixteen-year-old, Skyla Messenger is a dead girl walking. 

When her newly remarried mother moves the family to Paragon Island, to a house that is rumored to be haunted, Skyla finds refuge in Logan Oliver, a boy who shares her unique ability to read minds.

Skyla discovers Logan holds the answers to the questions she’s been looking for, but Logan’s reluctance to give her the knowledge she desires leaves her believing Logan has a few secrets of his own.

Skyla’s bloodlines may just be connected to the most powerful angelic beings that roam the earth, and the more she knows, the more danger she seems to be in.

Suddenly an entire faction of earthbound angels wants her dead, at least she still has Logan, or does she?


Man OH Man...

I started off not liking this book to maybe liking it a little to what the heck to not liking this book to I still don't like the book but I guess I'm a bit curious.

I really don't like Skyla and she is the heroine. She is rude, stupid sarcastic, judgmental all the time, conceited and man can the list go on and on and on. She comes off as the girl who wants to be witty so much she's actually lame. Yep lame. She's also a virgin who's hormones seem to have exploded and taken over every inch of her body.

The plot has potential. I liked the concept of the different angel factions. I just don't think it was executed in the right way. Nothing this girl did made sense and I do mean NOTHING. It wasn't just her but some of the other key characters too like Logan and Gage. Logan and Gage are angels to...well they are all part human and angel, Nephilim, but don't think to just tell Skyla everything about their kind. The things revealed in bits and pieces are unnecessary to keep as secrets. I tell you the execution just didn't make sense.

Oh and Ms. Moore...

About this quote: "Also, there’s the whole deal about east side, west side, which suggests to me I should be expecting musical gang fights, and lots of girls named Maria."

Seriously?? No, really... SERIOUSLY??

When I read this in the first few pages I swear I was ready to put the IPAD down and delete the dang thing. This happens to be crap that adults don't need to perpetuate. That was just plain stupid. I didn't think it was cute or funny. Nope, not one iota.

I'm up in the air as to whether I will continue with the series or not considering the feelings left after reading this one. I do have this damn habit of finishing what I start and it will nag me that I haven't finished the series. I'll tell you this much...If I do decide to finish it won't be any time soon.

On to the next.



View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment