Talisman of El by Alecia Stone

Genre: YA 

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Goodreads Says: WHAT IF YOUR WHOLE LIFE WAS A LIE?

One Planet.

Two Worlds.

Population: Human ... 7 billion.
Others ... unknown.

When 14-year-old Char­lie Blake wakes up sweat­ing and gasp­ing for air in the mid­dle of the night, he knows it is hap­pen­ing again. This time he wit­nesses a bru­tal mur­der. He's afraid to tell any­one. No one would believe him ... because it was a dream. Just like the one he had four years ago - the day before his dad died.

Char­lie doesn't know why this is hap­pen­ing. He would give any­thing to have an ordi­nary life. The prob­lem: he doesn't belong in the world he knows as home.

He belongs with the others

ARC provided by Centrinian Publishing via NetGalley

I really enjoyed this wonderful new story. We follow Charlie as he meets a few friends (Derkein, Alex and Richmond) who help him to unravel a world full of mystical creatures, angels, demons, action, danger and intrigue.

I couldn’t help but feel a strong familiarity as I read the book. The sensations I felt were the same as when I read parts of Harry Potter. With that said, Alecia Stone has managed to create a really unique tale with its own voice in spite of that familiarity. All of the characters in this book are strong and well developed. They are likable and full of passion. They are the kind of characters you want to know more about, be friends with, and help out along the way while rooting for their success.

There were a few wonky transitions and the reader is given a lot of information at once about the mystical races that might be hard to follow.

All in all it was a great read that people of all ages can enjoy. I can’t wait to introduce this new series to my son. I really can’t wait to read the next book as I am sure it will be full of adventure and intrigue!



View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment