There are many of us that would LOVE to be at BEA 2012 but couldn't make it out this year. NO WORRIES. Armchair Bea will be providing us with fun events throughout the week to make us feel as if we are in New York networking with other bloggers, publishers and authors! 

Today's topic is all about getting to know one another. Get to know more about me below! 

1.    Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging?
My name is Mirely! Nice to meet you. I’m a mother before all things and I love it. I’m also attending school as a Biology major. When I’m not being a mom or a student or a bunch of other things I’m chillaxing somewhere reading a book. I’ve been blogging for only a few months.  What turned me on to blogging is quite simple. I’m always reading but recently I had started to really talk up some of my favorite books and not so favorite books. After a while, those that I was talking these books up to started to read the same books. So, for 2012 I challenged myself to start a blog and spread the word about those books I had read. I do it for fun and will continue to remind myself of that. J

2.    What are you currently reading, or what is your favorite book you have read so far in 2012?
I just finished The Shapeshifter’s Secret. I read a lot of books written by female authors and usually based on the Heroine’s POV.  With that said I will dedicate June to male authors and/or Hero’s POV. I also want to do a feature on books either written by or that has characters featuring People of Color. I’ll create a post soon if any of you want to join in.

3.    Tell us one non-book related thing that everyone reading your blog may not know about you.
I have an all woman Afro Puerto Rican Bomba group named I’naru’, I’ve been teaching Afro Puerto Rican culture in Chicago for over 20 years and I love the arts! (That was definitely more than one.)

4.    If you could eat dinner with any author or character, who would it be and why?
J.K. Rowling… enough said.  (I have many more though… Anne Frank, Hermoine Granger, Aiden from the Covenant series)… sigh.

5.    Have your reading tastes changed since you started blogging? Why?
Most definitely!  I read every genre but YA seems to be making some real noise as of late and so I happen to be reading a lot of those titles. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment