Four Houses by Victoria Scott

Genre: YA 

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Goodreads Says: WHICH HOUSE WOULD YOU CHOOSE?

The door in front of me is the ugliest shade of plum I've ever seen. It's a prune Grandma would eat, a raisin on its last leg, a swollen bruise in the most inconvenient of places.

The waiting is the worst part, wondering who will open the door. But this time the waiting is killing me, tearing me down piece by piece and devouring me with its insatiable jaws.

I bite my lip and raise my hand to knock.


In this eerie short story, a young girl faced with four choices must make a decision that will forever haunt her.

I decided a while back that I was going to pass on reviewing shorts on the blog because you can’t really say too much without giving away the entire thing. I kind of had to pass on that new policy when I read this book.

First of all, there is a lot of hype surrounding this book:  :-)

                                         

I have to admit that I liked the synopsis on the above but as some of you might know hype can sometimes be just that and full of empty promises. Naturally, I was curious to see if this author had skills and you know what? She certainly does.

This is one mind trip of a book. The author takes on a very unique approach in writing the story and in doing so you are set for a surprisingly wild ride. This perfectly written tale takes intrigue, suspense, and the haunts of a soul to a whole new level. Most impressive is when you reach page 20 and realize that it didn’t take 200 or 300 or 400 pages to read the most complete and satisfying read ever.

So back to…      






Yeah,  now more than ever I have to get this book!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment