Foundation by Ann Aguirre

Genre: YA

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Goodreads Says: In Ann Aguirre’s award-winning novel, Enclave, humans have taken refuge in colonies below ground. Here is the story of what drove them there, told through the eyes of a teen who would later have vast influence over the fate of many, and who gave his heart to the one person who needed him most. 


I forgot I had this one and originally the intent was to read this one first and then Endurance.  I failed.

As a fan of Razorland, I never really felt the need to know exactly what happened before Enclave. Mostly because I was already heavily involved in the story Enclave was trying to weave. However, for world building purposes I can see why this one would be necessary or at the very least help out some.

Overall, this was an interesting read. We get to find out what happened in the days leading up to the chemical warfare that was unleashed upon the world and ultimately what drove people underground. We also find out how freaks were created and it’s not what I think most expected. I didn't.   You also get to learn how the College Enclave was founded along with how the system of builders, breeders, hunters and word keeper were created.

So yes, the title is very fitting.

It was a quick read, about 20 pages. It's not the action packed reads we are used to but a nice addition nonetheless.  I would recommend it because I think it would give the fan some nice theories as to why the Freaks are behaving the way they are as of late.


0 comments:

Post a Comment