Elixir by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Genre: YA

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Goodreads Says: Aiden St. Delphi will do anything to save Alex. 
Even if it means doing the one thing he will never forgive himself for. 
Even if it means making war against the gods.

Let me begin by stating this one simple but very true fact…

I have ALWAYS been team Aiden!

I never wavered. I never jumped on the Seth bandwagon.  NEVER.  I knew what that kid was all about. Yep!

You might want to read Deity before reading this little bad boy because it will spoil Deity for you if read it first. I also want to mention you want to read this one before reading Apollyon. I haven’t read Apollyon yet but it just seems like the most natural thing to do.

Elixir is Aiden’s story. It is hard to really review this one without spoilers because absolutely everything about it is spoiler-ish.  What I will say is that you get to understand Aiden on a deeper level and his thought process.  Elixir picks up right where Deity ends diving into a month long description of “holy crap that just happened”.  This was pretty awesome because when I tell you that Deity’s ending was crazy, I do mean it was crazy and it was nice to know what has happened since then, sooner rather than later.

At any rate it was awesome being in Aiden’s head.  He’s not perfect. There are flaws.  However, his flaws and imperfections come from wanting to do the right thing and living an honorable life. He has a beautiful soul and a beautiful heart.  I was already in love with Aiden before Deity and Elixir. Deity and Elixir just intensified that feeling and reconfirmed what I already knew he was all about.

Deity and Elixir also made me love the series even more. I honestly believe this is the best series JLA has to date and it is also the most consistent.  This world is a very strong one with interesting characters and wonderful surprises.  Love it!

“Love is such a wild and reckless creature. It cannot be planned or threaded. It cannot be controlled. Love can coexist with Fate, or it can undo it. Love is the only thing more powerful than Fate.”

P.S. On another note: I didn’t take points or stars off for this but it was a bit annoying. .. I’m reading Elixir and I read Elixir until the very last page on my Kindle.  Lo and behold, there is a little blurb stating that all novellas in this series and other series are available to download for free, always, at Spencer Hill Publishing. I paid for my copy. Why have it on sale if it will always be available for free in a bunch of other formats I could have downloaded instead on the publisher’s website?  Or have it as an option to buy permanently. Feels shady. Sorry.

Go to the website folks…

We may now continue with our previously scheduled programming…




0 comments:

Post a Comment