Genre: YA

My Rating: 5 of 5 Stars

Goodreads Says: Leave it to Maryah Woodsen to break the one rule that will screw up eternity: Never erase your memories.

Before entering this life, Maryah did the unthinkable—she erased. Now, at seventeen years old, she’s clueless that her new adoptive family has known her for centuries, that they are perpetually reincarnated souls, and that they have supernatural abilities. Oh, and she's supposed to love (not despise) Nathan, the green-eyed daredevil who saved her life.

Nathan is convinced his family’s plan to spark Maryah's memory is hopeless, but his love for her is undying. After spending (and remembering) so many lifetimes together, being around an empty version of his soulmate is heart shattering. He hates acting like a stalker, but has no choice because the evil outcast who murdered Maryah in their last lifetime is still after her.

While Maryah’s hunter inches closer, she and Nathan make assumptions and hide secrets that rip them further apart. Maryah has to believe in the magic within her, Nathan must have faith in the power of their love, and both need to grasp onto the truth before they lose each other forever—and discover just how lonely eternity can be.

X-MEN meets MY NAME IS MEMORY in Karen Amanda Hooper’s latest young adult release.

 

A little back story:


I don’t exactly remember when I added this book to my "To Read" list or why,  but the fact that so many of my Goodreads friends had added it, read it and gushed about it, leads me to believe THAT was the reason why it was added. I’m sure the cover had a little bit to do with it too.  Yep! What led me to bump it up and actually read it was the fact that book two was on Netgalley and the cover was so beautiful that I just had to read it, no matter what. I know, I know.  Normally I don’t do this but I felt like a rebel that day and the hell with it, I did it.  Now having finished it I feel awfully foolish. 

I know you all have had this moment at least once…  That moment when you can’t stop feeling so foolish for not having read this book a lot sooner!

Now, on to the review. 


I haven’t been this wow’d with a book one of a series in a very long time! It had absolutely everything I look for in a book!

Everything about this world is unique and believable. The writing was very good, intriguing and entertaining.  I was hooked within a few pages and didn’t put it down until I was done. There was so much going on yet it all flowed and panned out nicely.  I love the fact that we get introduced to many themes and I loved how they were tackled in such a way that it felt natural to have one go with the other. 

There are reincarnated souls, kindred spirits, soul mates, special powers, sprinkled with determination, passion and love.  Not once was I bored. It was truly an exciting read.  There’s plenty of action and plenty of clean romance. The romance was incredibly sweet, heartbreaking and painfully suspenseful

I highly recommend this book if you are looking for a very unique story. You won’t be able to put this book down and you definitely won’t regret not doing so.

0 comments:

Post a Comment