Remedial Magic by Jenna Black

Genre: YA

My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Goodreads Says: A bonus story for Faeriewalker fans.

This was a kindle freebie and so I said why not! This is a prequel to Glimmer Glass

It was a short story where we meet Kimber a very smart teen who has skipped a few grades and is now in college. Apparently she is over shadowed by her not as smart yet very magically talented brother Ethan. She asks one of her friends to come over and give her magical tutorials but it kind of turns into a hot mess.

Along with the short story you get chapter 1 of Glimmer Glass where we are introduced to Dana and her story.

I rated this a two stars/just ok, because although it was cute, the story wasn't long enough to really get to know the characters well. Not only this I didn't see the connection between Kimber, Ethan and Dana. Maybe it will be revealed later on in the series but the way it was done just didn't do it for me. I think perhaps this should have been a short that comes between book one and another book in the series.





View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment