Brightest Kind of Darkness by P.T. Michelle

Genre: YA

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Goodreads Says: Nara Collins is an average sixteen-year-old, with one exception: every night she dreams the events of the following day. Due to an incident in her past, Nara avoids using her special gift to change fateuntil she dreams a future she can’t ignore.

After Nara prevents a bombing at Blue Ridge High, her ability to see the future starts to fade, while people at school are suddenly being injured at an unusually high rate.

Grappling with her diminishing powers and the need to prevent another disaster, Nara meets Ethan Harris, a mysterious loner who seems to understand her better than anyone. Ethan and Nara forge an irresistible connection, but as their relationship heats up, so do her questions about his dark past.


WoW. Right about now I’m kicking myself for not reading this book sooner. This book has been on my kindle since November 2011. I have had a bunch of bad reading experiences between then and now and really wish I had read this one instead of one of those.

Inara Collins!! I did a double take when I saw the name in the book. I have a group named I’naru’ and the spellings are so similar that I had to take another look. Inara, the illuminating, already held a warm place in my heart because her name was so close to my baby project I’naru’, spirit of woman…

Ok! Enough of that!

Inara Collins! What a great young lady. She wakes up every morning knowing what the day will bring because she’s already lived it in her dream the night before. Until… she doesn’t. I really enjoyed the world P.T. Michelle created. It was so unique and yes that is kind of odd these days. When I run into one of these I appreciate it for what it is. It was fast paced and truly intriguing. I found myself cringing and rooting and all that jazz as if I were right there with Inara and Ethan. Oh Ethan. I loved Ethan. Such a tortured soul who is pegged as a punk and truly is not. I loved that Inara didn’t write him off and furthermore that she went with her gut feeling and trusted him.

As intriguing as the book was I have to say the only thing I didn’t like was the fact that nothing was really resolved by the end of the book. There are a lot of loose ends in the book. The book is full of frays. I don’t mean that in a bad way because it’s not. It’s just I felt no closure of any kind. I definitely want to read the next book but I hope that we solve some, if not most, of the mysteries introduced in this one.


Thank you P.T. Michelle for such an entertaining story. :-)




View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the great review of BRIGHTEST KIND OF DARKNESS! I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

    P.T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After you stopped by my blog and mentioned having had BKoD on your e-reader for quite some time before reading it; I just had to come checkout your review! I'm right there with you when it comes to Ethan--MAJOR SWOON. I'm anxious to see what role he'll play in Lucid & so on.

    Lauren @ Slaying Books

    ReplyDelete