Tempting the Best Man by J. Lynn

Genre: Adult

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Goodreads Says: Madison Daniels has worshipped her brother's best friend since they were kids. Everyone thinks she and Chase Gamble would make the perfect couple, but there are two major flaws in their logic. 1) Chase has sworn off relationships of any kind, and 2) after blurring the line between friends and lovers for one night four years ago, they can't stop bickering. 

Forced together for her brother's wedding getaway, Chase and Madison decide to call a truce for the happy couple. Except all bets are off when they're forced to shack up in a tacky 70’s honeymoon suite and survive a multitude of "accidents" as the family tries to prove their "spark" can be used than for more than fighting. That is, if they don't strangle each other first…

This here would be J. Lynn's debut adult contemporary and what a debut it is. I’ve said it a million times… This girl is talented!

What a sweet, funny, romantic read. I sat down and read it until I was finished...Literally. I totally fell in love with every character in the book, maybe not the one bridesmaid, but pretty much everyone that mattered. I loved loved loved Madison and Chase. Madison was so damn funny and Chase was such a beautiful misunderstood man. I enjoyed being a part of their journey.

This book had me thinking about My Best Friend’s Wedding and The Wedding Date. The book is nothing like these movies other than the feel good feelings it left me with once I was done reading.

One thing I must say is that this author bleeds a bit of herself into the heroines she writes. I don’t know her in “real life” but based on the video chats and tweets, I feel like her personality shines through these characters making them likable and relatable. This, coupled with her amazing ability to weave a story, is why she is one of my favorite authors and this is why I will buy anything she writes. Congrats on your first adult contemporary! I can’t wait to read all the trillion books you have coming out this year!




View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment