What A Boy Wants by Nyrae Dawn

Genre: YA 

It's Raining Men! 2012 Challenge 

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Goodreads Says: Courtesy of watching his mom’s relationships, Sebastian Hawkins knows what girls need to do to get a guy. He has what he considers a PHD in hooking up. When he needs extra cash for a car, Sebastian starts up an online venture as The Hook-up Doctor, to anonymously help girls land the guy of their dreams. Of course, his services don’t offer a happily-ever-after guarantee. He’s seen firsthand getting together never means staying together. 

And then he falls in love… 

With the last girl he would expect…

Totally not in his game plan. 

Suddenly, Sebastian finds himself muddled in the game he’s always prided himself on. He can’t even pick up girls at parties anymore! Why would anyone want to be in love when it turns you into a stuttering, screwed-up, mess with really lame stalker tendencies? Stalking? Totally not his gig. 

But the Hook-up Doctor won’t let himself go down easily. He’s always known how to give a girl what she wants and now it’s time to figure out what a boy wants… and he definitely plans on getting it.



OMG! What can I say about this book?! It was just hilarious, cute, light and totally refreshing. Once again I find myself kicking myself in the rear for not reading this sooner.

I loved everything about it!

Sebastian is totally confident! This comes off as being cocky but it worked. He wasn't a jerk, he was just funny. No matter what he was loyal to his mother, his friends and he had rules/standards that he lived by… Needless to say it was absolutely awesome being in his head for the duration of the book. I’m not sure if it’s because I have an open mind or just that great of an imagination but I could totally see these characters as real people as well as the situations they faced. :-)

I totally fell in love with Sebastian and crew, the author/her writing and the guys in her life that helped to create Sebastian.

I have to admit I didn’t sleep at all to read this book and when I finished I immediately bought the companion What a Boy Needs and didn’t stop reading that…not even for sleep.

I’m a fan…fo' sho’…word.

0 comments:

Post a Comment