Hidden by Sophie Jordan

Genre: YA

My Rating: 1 out of 5 Stars

Goodreads Says: Jacinda was supposed to bond with Cassian, the "prince" of their pride. But she resisted long before she fell in love with Will—a human and, worse, a hunter. When she ran away with Will, it ended in disaster, with Cassian's sister, Miram, captured. Weighed down by guilt, Jacinda knows she must rescue her to set things right. Yet to do so she will have to venture deep into the heart of enemy territory.

The only way Jacinda can reach Miram is by posing as a prisoner herself, though once she assumes that disguise, things quickly spiral out of her control. As she learns more about her captors, she realizes that even if Will and Cassian can carry out their part of the plan, there's no guarantee they'll all make it out alive. But what Jacinda never could have foreseen is that escaping would be only the beginning....

Loyalties are tested and sacrifices made in the explosive conclusion to Sophie Jordan's Firelight trilogy.




I received this book in my gift bag at the RT 2012 Convention earlier this year which prompted me to read the other two books in the series, pronto.  I mean…Who wouldn't want to read about Dragons?? I know I did.

Book 1, Firelight, started off nice. I enjoyed it and didn't mind all of the questions it had stirred because there were two other books in the trilogy. In other words, there would be enough time to address these questions. As a whole it earned a 4 star rating from me.  You can read all about it here.

Book 2, Vanish, was frustrating and not really going anywhere earned a 2 star rating from me. You can read about it here.

Alas, we come to book 3, Hidden. This is the book that is supposed to answer every question under the sun because it’s the last book and the author has to sum it all up. She has to make sense of everything that has taken place…

No, it didn’t happen.

Jacinda
No character growth whatsoever. She was brave for like a minute, deciding she would allow herself to get delivered to the Enkros and breakout Cassian’s sister. She is supposed to be special and she didn't really prove to be in Hidden.  She is still indecisive and oh does she whine. I just couldn't really stand to be in her head any longer.

Tamra
I can’t find anything to like about this girl. I think she was less irritating in this book. She seems a bit bipolar. One minute she wants to leave their home and the next she wants to stay. Her priorities are kind of out of whack.

Will and Cassian
I have nothing to say. I don’t.

The Plot
The plot has had ginormous holes in them from the beginning. As I mentioned at the beginning of this review, I forgave them in hopes they’d be filled proper by end of book 3. They weren't.
Jacinda gets delivered into the Enkros’ hands in order to break out Miram. While there we learn about some things that happen to Draki’s but not why they are happening. Nor does she find out what happened to her father. Nothing is revealed at all about the Enkros.

This is a book about Dragons and again I feel as if the author dropped the ball on making it a book about Dragons. This was more about romance and crap kids get into. There is closure on a few things but even some of those were awkward and it felt as if they were made a solution because a better one was lacking.

My 10 year old loved the way the series ended but his needs are different.

As usual you should read this book to form your own opinions which is why I’m giving my copy away. Let me know what you think after you've read it. 


GIVEAWAY

US Only (I be poor)
13+ if not have parent permission
You have 48 hrs to claim prize.


0 comments:

Post a Comment