Trapped by Kevin Hearne

Genre: Adult 

My Rating: 3.5

Goodreads Says: After twelve years of secret training, Atticus O’Sullivan is finally ready to bind his apprentice, Granuaile, to the earth and double the number of Druids in the world. But on the eve of the ritual, the world that thought he was dead abruptly discovers that he’s still alive, and they would much rather he return to the grave.
 
Having no other choice, Atticus, his trusted Irish wolfhound, Oberon, and Granuaile travel to the base of Mount Olympus, where the Roman god Bacchus is anxious to take his sworn revenge—but he’ll have to get in line behind an ancient vampire, a band of dark elves, and an old god of mischief, who all seem to have KILL THE DRUID at the top of their to-do lists

This was the first time I actually read a book in this series. Up until now, with the exception of the novellas, I had “read” the series via the audio books. With that said I had those voices in my head anytime a certain character came up. (Umm, I changed up Granuaile’s voice, though. I just don’t like the voice she’s given.) Yep, it was loads of fun!

I’m a fan of the series. I totally am. I can’t rave about it enough. You all know I would love for you to read it. Yet, this one fell a bit short.

Granuaile has completed her twelve year training and all that is left to do is bind her to the earth. Unfortunately, shit happens. Let’s just say binding her proves to be a ginormous challenge.
As usual, Atticus has managed to tick off a few immortals and they have all the time in the world to plot their revenge. It’s been twelve years but they won’t ever forget.

I think the absolute highlight of this story was Granuaile. She is just a total bad ass. She is. I didn't really like her in the previous books but that has completely changed. She is going to be a great druid and I even think she will be a better druid than Atticus. She shines bright and there are so many signs of the greatness to come.

This book is pretty much like all of the others in that there is plenty of action, ha ha moments, a walk down mythology lane, loads of Oberon, Atticus and his crazy ways, and loads of different gods and goddesses. It’s always well written and if you've gotten this far in the series you’ll read to the end because which loyal fan doesn't.

Although I found all these things in this read, I have to say that I ended it feeling rather sad. It was an eerie feeling. Perhaps it was because there were so many things going on in this one or the fact that so many gods and goddesses were involved. I don’t know and I have yet to put a finger on it even after weeks of reading this one. It just feels as if the conflicts will never end and no one will ever be truly happy. I know there is more to it but again I just can’t figure out exactly why it is that I feel this way.

I do hope the next one mixes things up a bit but I doubt it since there are hints that Ragnarok has begun and well that just means a whole bunch of gods and goddesses again.

ARC was provided by Random House Publishing Group via Netgalley.

0 comments:

Post a Comment